PowerShot SX60 HS - LCD screen blank

Fallon75
Apprentice

I can review photos but unable to see anything else

6 REPLIES 6

newsense52
Rising Star

Before is your camera working well?

What did you do before and now the LCD shows nothing when you press playback?

Explain in details to understand the situation to figure out was is wrong.

It's my Dads camera so I don't know...good news I fixed it. Thank you thou

I just got this camera new. I may have pressed the Display button on the bottom of the function buttons to activate the viewfinder. Now I can't use the LCD screen. The manual says the LCD will automatically turn on when the LCD is opened. The only thing visible is the photos I've just taken. I'm trying to use the LCD for both taking photographs and for switching scene modes as the screen is easier to see while doing that. What is wromng with this camera!!! I'm getting very frustrated right now as the LCD screens behavior contradicts what the manual says it should do when I open it.

Have you tried pressing the display button again and toggle thru the modes it should turn back on again,

For some reason I haven't quite figured out yet, I got the LCD working. Pushing buttons randomly isn't good enough for the long haul. I need practice or a few training videos to learn more about operating this camera

Well then here you go follow this link this guy does a series of Utube videos, about 10 lessons, and uses the SX50HS in the lessons. He covers it all in easy to understand terms too. 90% or more of which applies to the SX60 also. I have the SX50HS myself. Here is the link check it out  https://www.youtube.com/user/MWESTPhotography

Announcements