cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX60 HELP

AdeSho
Contributor
I bought the camera a while back and have tried to connect it to my MacBook Pro (Os Catalina) but the camera cannot detect my mac. I have tried for 6 days straight but no joy. Can someone please help....I've been pulling my hair out (what's left of it). Is it a compatibility problem?
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What software are you using to connect? There have been reported issues with Catalina and third party software that controls the camera.

AdeSho
Contributor
Latest DPP from Canon

AdeSho
Contributor
Sorry...I have that on my Mac however the connectivity is initiated from the camera. I followed the instructions but at the point where the camera is meant to detect my Mac it doesn't but instead returns the message No Device Found....that's after several minutes. I must be doing something wrong

While I do not have Catalina, yet, I have never had Apple's Image Capture let me down.

Thx kvbarkley, will give it a go. To be honest I was hoping to use the tethering to better assess and manage the focus before shooting. The larger and clearer laptop screen provides better feedback. Thx for taking the time to respond. Will wait for any other members to clarify about the compatibility of Catalina

Announcements