cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX50 HS Video/Remote

majensen
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I am looking at purchasing the SX50 HS. I have a few questions. My main question is that is there a remote i can purchase that i can control the zoom and start/stop for video recording? Not even to concerned about the start/stop looking more for the zoom. Also has anyone used this camera in cold conditions? How does it react and does it kill the battery much faster? 

I am looking to purchase this camera mainly to record video. I am a big hunter and record lots of my hunts and am looking for something new, the reason i am going this route instead of a normal video camera is i want to take very good quality stills during hunts and also use the camera for regular pictures outside of hunting seasons. Any input?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi majensen!

Thanks for posting.

We have the Remote Switch RS-60E3 you can connect to the remote terminal on the PowerShot SX50 HS.  However, it is for releasing the shutter.  It does not offer video control or zoom control.

The camera is rated to function properly down to almost freezing.  However, when the temperature gets that cold, it changes the properties of many of the glass and mechanical components.  Many never experience any issues, but it is good to keep in mind that extreme cold can affect performance.  Battery performance is especially something you need to keep in mind.  When any battery is used in very low temperatures, its performance decreases.  Something you can do to help this is when your camera is not in use, take the battery out and keep the battery in your pocket to keep it warmer.  If you would rather not remove the battery, you can try to keep the camera iteself under a layer of clothing or close to your body when not using it.

I think you made a great choice for what you intend to use it for.  You get great video, but mainly better stills when you need to take a few stills.  You will also find that the zoom range is rather impressive for when you are out in the wilderness and need to get in close to the wildlife without running it off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements