Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

PowerShot SX420 DARK Pictures

Hi All, 

I am hoping someone can help because I have tried everything. When I take pictures of small objects on a white background my pictures all come out with a  blue background and are just too dark to use. I have tried the WB instructions to no avail. I am really getting very discouraged with this camera. I use to use a Kodak and it was awesome, this camera is not. 

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Deb

Reputable Contributor

Re: PowerShot SX420 DARK Pictures

Are you using flash or available light?

Either way, the white background might be fooloing the camera and causing the underexposure.

Try setting the Exposure Compensation to +1 or +2 and see if that helps.

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply. It happens with both flash or available light. I will try the exposure setting today.

Deb

Honored Contributor

@Deb_Hwrote:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply. It happens with both flash or available light. I will try the exposure setting today.

Deb

If your background is blue, then your White Balance is off.  Your camera may not be setting WB properly. Also, you may want to use grey card, to use as a WB reference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I tried the White Balance option, it didn't work. But I will get a grey card and try it again.

New Contributor

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that this did help out a lot, thank you so much.

Deb