cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX260HS

falconbear360
Apprentice

The LCD screen on my PowerShot SX 260 HS has started going black when I turn on the camera or when I try to take a photo.  The problem is intermittent, but over the past several weeks is occuring more frequently.  Any thoughts as to the source of the problem and whether it is fixable.  Is it worth repairing relative to the cost of a new camera?

2 REPLIES 2

Davy
Rising Star

Camera displays do give problems, this would not stop you downloading and viewing pictures though. To confirm this take a couple of pictures and view them by downloading them elsewhere.... it it was the processor or some other part of the camera then you won't be able to see tham as well.

With displays, it could be the ribbon cable, it could be tarnished contacts, contact 'creep' caused by the pressureof the retaining bar, the backlights or the display itself..... either way thew camera would have to be stripped down.

Some displays are easy to change, especially those that swivel, it means one being used to handling very small screws of differing lenghts, doing this in a clean environment and being able to handle small connectors.

The best bet is to send it to a Canon agent for a quote, since the SX260 are far better than their latest clones.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  As I am not sufficiently knowledgeable of the internal components of my camera I will look into sending it to Canon for any necessary repairs.

Thanks again,

falconbear360

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements