cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SD850 IS - can I use wireless SD card?

SOpper
Apprentice

Hello,

I love my old SD850 and am taking it on vacation soon. Someone told me I could get an SD card with storage that would let me connect my iPhone 6 to the camera wirelessly to send pictures.

I'm looking at this one on Amazon for $38.72:

Toshiba 32GB FlashAir III Wireless SD Memory Card, White,(PFW032U-1CCW)

Card capacity 32GB, 10 Speed Class

• Compliant standard: SD Memory Card Standard Ver.4.0
  • Easily transfer photos and videos from your FlashAirTM III card to your mobile device through a Wi-Fi connection.
  • Access the internet and your FlashAirTM III card through your mobile device using the internet pass-thru feature
  • 5-year standard limited warranty included

Will this card work in my old camera?  If not, is the next best thing an SD card to lightning adapter to upload photos to my iPhone 6?

Also, I found a chart at the Canon website that says the PowerShot SD850 IS can take these cards:  SD (2gb max) and SDHC (4gb - 32gb).  Is that correct?

I'll really appreciate any help I can find.

Thanks,

Susie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow!  The card works perfectly!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

The largest card you can use is a 32GB SDHC card. Your camera doesn't support SDXC cards. As far as wireless cards are concerned, Canon doesn't support the use of a WiFi enabled card directly, so you'll want to contact the manufacturer of the card to ensure compatibility with your camera. 

SOpper
Apprentice
Thanks very much for your reply. I’ll see what I can find out from Toshiba or I’ll just purchase it and return it if it doesn’t work.

Wow!  The card works perfectly!

Announcements