cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot S50 lens cover not operating OK .. lens not extending. Not supported. Repair suggestions?

Anne
Apprentice

Hi I have a PowerShot S50 (10 yrs old and still great). The lens door is not sliding back easily - make take a lot of juggling - and therefore the lens does not extend for picture taking.  When I get the door open/lens extended, the camera is operational. It is difficult to close the lens door again to protect lens.

I see the PowerShot S50 is no longer officially supported by Canon for repairs.  Any suggestions where I can send this for servicing.  The camera has served me well until now.  I'd hate to have to get another camera for what appears to be a small mechanical problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Anne

1 REPLY 1

Delmer
Apprentice

My PowerShot S50 did the same thing today, and after finding no direct solution online, I forced the sliding cover shut. The cover had been getting harder to operate for the past year, but amazingly, when I did this, there was a snap as the cover closed and now it works smooth again, just like new.    (fingers crossed...)

Announcements