cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G9X II Not 'Finding Laptop' through the Wifi

HWR
Apprentice

Hello,

Has anyone else come across similar issues? I found and followed the cameras online manual for connecting to a computer using wifi, and a youtube canon video showing exactly how to do it.

I was able to download the 'canon window DC 8' software from the american site as the european version didnt have it, I did the 'wifi connection set-up' that should allow my laptop to be found by the camera on the network, I used my PIN and successfully accessed the network and it displays 'finding device' for 5-10 mins before not finding it. My laptop couldnt detect the camera either, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

SCayne44
Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  I had a new modem installed for Wifi, connected the camera to the new network (with a new password).  From the network I can see that the camera is connected.  The camera searches for devices on the Wifi network but is not able to find any devices (PC, laptop).  The camera had successfully connected to Wifi and PC (for uploading pictures) prior to the modem change.  Has anyone found a way to solve this problem, or a workaround (since the Powershot G9X Mark II does not have a port to connect a USB cable)?

Did either of you start the Canon app on your PC, and tell it to connect to a camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Are you referring to the Camera Window app or some other app?  When opening Camera Window it states it cannot detect the camera.

@SCayne44 wrote:

Are you referring to the Camera Window app or some other app?  When opening Camera Window it states it cannot detect the camera.

I suggest you start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone else's.  Your do not have the same issue.  The OP is trying to connect to a PC, while you are trying to connect to a smart phone.  Please, start your own thread.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, thanks for your suggestion, although the problem in this thread appears to be the same ... connecting to a PC (not a smart phone).  An app was mentioned in the thread - I was looking for clarity on which app (e.g. Camera Window on the PC?).  In any case, I've opened a case with Canon support as the community forum, knowledge base, videos, manuals, etc. don't seem to have a resolution for this problem.

Announcements