cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G15 - Wrong Setting in Video Shooting

jimyang
Apprentice

Hi, there.

I have recently taken a 3-min video outdoors. Since the sunlight was very strong and I didn't aware of the settings when I was taking the video shooting. Not until when I returned home and played the video. It was found that the color of the video turned out too blue. Probably, I have wrongly selected the setting for shooting under tungsten lighting.

Could anyone of you help me rectifying this, please?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A quick search and the results indicate that Windows Movie Maker doesn't support color correction... but Adobe Premier does. Premier "Elements" is the home version. You might give that a try unless someone more familiar with Windows software options can think of another package.

The good news is that the white balance problem can easily be fixed -- it's just a matter of getting the right software to do it.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You will need to correct this using video editing software on your computer.  What computer OS and software do you use?

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the options available for Windows.  On a Mac, even iMovie (Apple's non-pro video editing/movie application) can easily correct for this.  If we know what software you are using then a one of the many contributors here may be able to suggest a fix.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks for your reply, Tim.

I'm using Windows7 for reviewing the playback. Actually, I'm not familiar with any video editor. Do you think if the Canon's CD contains an video editor correcting problem like this?

jim

A quick search and the results indicate that Windows Movie Maker doesn't support color correction... but Adobe Premier does. Premier "Elements" is the home version. You might give that a try unless someone more familiar with Windows software options can think of another package.

The good news is that the white balance problem can easily be fixed -- it's just a matter of getting the right software to do it.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Will check if there is any freeware for fixing white balance problems.

Thank you very much, Tim.

Grazie
Rising Star

Woud you like me to have a go? Interested?

Grazie

I'd like to add that I don't know of any FREE s/w that would do this colour correction. But still willing to have a go at correct.

Cheers

Grazie

Thanks, Grazie.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements