Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot ELPH 340 HS cannot transfer photos to PC running Windows 10

maxl
Apprentice

8 REPLIES 8

VideoGeek
Mentor

What specifically is not working?  Is it an issue with the camera not being recognized by Windows 10 or is it something else?  The more details you provide the easier it will be for someone to help you.

The camera is not recognized by my desktop computer (HP Envy700 PC running Window 10 downloaded from the web).  However, my laptop (Toshiba laptop purchased with Windows 10) does recognize the camera. 

Is there any camera related software, such as a driver, that you have installed on the laptop that is not installed on the desktop computer?  Did the camera come with any picture editing software that you installed on the laptop but not on the desktop?

@VideoGeek wrote:

Is there any camera related software, such as a driver, that you have installed on the laptop that is not installed on the desktop computer?  Did the camera come with any picture editing software that you installed on the laptop but not on the desktop?

Some versions of Windows 10 installations do not include Media Player, which would include the necessary drivers.  Media Player for Windows 10 can be downloaded from Microsoft's web site.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

According to Canon there is no need to install Media Player to connect with the camera. Furthermore, they do not provide a Media Player driver  for Windows 10

@maxl wrote:

According to Canon there is no need to install Media Player to connect with the camera. Furthermore, they do not provide a Media Player driver  for Windows 10

Whomever from told you that may be mistaken.  The drivers to read your camera are part of the multi--media package of device drivers that are part of Windows Media Player.  Not all installations of Windows 10 include WMP.  But, don't take my word for it.  Do a web search for " Canon Windows Media Player ".

Of course, Canon doesn't provide a Media Player driver.  I just told you to get it from Microsoft, if you do not have it.

Microsoft does not provide it either. It says that the software that is available is not compatible with my OS.

@maxl wrote:

Microsoft does not provide it either. It says that the software that is available is not compatible with my OS.

I don't know what you asked for, but Windows 10 version "N" does not include Media Player. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements