cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A630 Replacement Equivalent

kelanne
Contributor

I am looking for a newer replacement for my PowerShot A630 (which I absolutely love). Any suggestions? The specs on the A630 that I like the most are the Swivel Screen LCD and internal memory. I would like something a little more up to date, but at a reasonable price as I am only a novice and use my camera mainly for pleasure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why mess around then go for the SX50HS which can be bought for around $330 now !!.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Vetteran
Enthusiast

Budget? ie. actual figure or range. "Reasonable Price" not really a good guide!

I would like to stay at or below $200. Realistically, though, for what I'm looking for I may be willing to go up to $400.00. And I have been corrected, the PowerShot A630 does not have an internal memory. So that's probably no longer in the equation. What I would definitely like is the swivel LCD, at least a 10x or 12x zoom, and a decent battery life.

Why mess around then go for the SX50HS which can be bought for around $330 now !!.

Agreed! 

Unless you really want something more compact?

eg. Lumix ZS30 or SX700 HS 

Thank you both, Vetteran & John, for your fast & honest response. That's the one I was leaning toward. It's good to know that I have some support in my choice.

John_,

Where, in particular, should I look for that $330 SX50 HS? I haven't been able to find any that are less than $400.

eBay!

Yes eBay or Amazon had them on sale several weeks back for $349...you'll be glad you got one dont settle for less if you dont have too. The camera is beyond amazing for a bridge camera !

Abe's of Maine has them now for $349, free shipping and I've bought from there before

Announcements