cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A1400 battery door replacement

hipkts2014
Contributor

I have this A1400 and I really like the camera. I purchased it used and have discovered that the batery door is faulty and needs to be repalced. It is staying closed for now but may not continue to stay closed for mush longer. I have located a replacement door but need information on removing the old door and installing the new piece.

24 REPLIES 24

I still have the one that I bought off ebay. My camera died and I had to send it into Canon for a replacement. I can ship it to you for $8.00. Assuming you are in the USA. 😉

The battery door/cover is still available from [Removed per Forum Guidelines]

When entering your search, do not use the word "powershot".  Just enter "A1400 battery cover".

The same item, from the same seller whom I purchased from last year should pop up.

Good Luck!  

I guess this thread has not been active for awhile but I have an A1400 and the battery door won't close. This is the second one I have seen like this and it is not the clip on the door that is broken but the clip on the camera. Has anyone had this problem. I guess there is no solution. Bad design on a great camera. The photo shows a good clip not a broken clip.

022 (537x382).jpg

Hi Spetho2001,

Thank you for posting.

If the tab on the camera body is broken, your camera will require service.

You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair. When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, begin entering your camera's model, then select the appropriate model, when it appears below. Next, fill in the information on this page, and those that follow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have an A1400 that keeps telling me I need to change the batteries. Have you had any experience with this issue? It is not the same camera as the one with the broken clip.

Hi Spetho2001,

Thanks for posting.

First, please ensure that you're using the best batteries for your camera. We recommend the use of rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries in your camera. We recommend a power rating of at least 2500 milliamp-hour (mAh). More is better, still. You may also use lithium ion batteries in your camera, too. A good set of alkaline batteries will also power your camera, however battery life will be shorter.

Please note: "Heavy Duty" batteries cannot provide sufficient power for your camera.

If you're already using the recommended batteries, the issue you've described may be the result of battery corrosion or contaminant build up on the battery contacts.

Please use a pencil (or similar object) wrapped with a lint-free, microfiber cloth, to rub the contacts inside the battery compartment and on the battery door clean.  Please use only light pressure to avoid flattening the contacts, since this may also cause the sort of issue you've experienced.

If this does not resolve the power issue, your camera will require service. You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair. When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, begin entering your camera's model, then select the appropriate model, when it appears below. Next, fill in the information on this page, and those that follow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been using this camera I believe A1200, A1300, A1400 since it came out. I have been using regular Duracell Alkaline Batteries and they last forever. I keep the monitor OFF as I can not see it in the sun anyway. The reason I love this camera is the view finder. So I keep the monitor off and the Duracell alkaline batteries last forever.

However this one A1400 camera is a replacement I got from Ford Enterprise and it keeps telling me I need to replace the batteries. I just opened it and cleaned the contacts with a little alcohol. I should off check the batteries with a meter to see if they really needed replacing. I did not do this. If it still happen I will check them and see if I am getting a false reading from the camera. What do you think?

TomS    spetho2001

If you still have the broken piece you can try a 2 part epoxy to attach it again. 

If you're still looking for the A1400 door replacement part I just ordered one for mine.  [link removed per forum guidelines]

Well, as it turned out, I never did replace the door. I seem to recall that I found a youtube video on how to replace it.

I do still have the door that I bought off ebay as my camera died and I ended up getting a depot maintenanced replacement camera. 

So, if you are interested in the door that I have, shoot me a reply. I do actually know where it is hidden.lol

Announcements