Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Power shot sx530 hs question

I take 200-300 pictures a day but something is different and I'm not sure what setting I changed. When I review my picture there is a frame around the screen that wasn't there before. And when I put on computer the picture is smaller. Any help would be appreciated.
Super Contributor

Re: Power shot sx530 hs question

Select the photo that has a frame in a  playback mode.

Press DISP to display the data of that photo to determine your settings on this photo.

Things to look at;   cropping to resize the photo,  if this is a saved copy from original photo - you can delete it, frame maybe a gridlines unless you set up the frame added effect ? size of display area is small ?( see menu ).

New Contributor

Thanks. I went back and reviewed pics like you said and there is a difference but I'm not sure how to fix it. The older pics have an M2 in bottom left corner and the new pics have an L in the bottom left. It looks like maybe it's set on landscape but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Super Contributor

M2 size is 3.5 x 5 in. or postcard size, L is 16.5 x 23.4 in. ( default size ). The L has bigger resolution.

You can rotate the photo in playback mode, ( press menu and arrow down to select rotate ) and save another copy. You can delete the unwanted original photo.