cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot SX260HS Digital Camera Solution Disk will not install on my computer.

espring453
Apprentice

Following the on screen instructions, after verifying the device, the software begins to install then a pop up screen comes on that says "a program needs my permission to continue" and after I click "continue" the software stops installing and a pop up screen comes up that says "unkown install errror"  and it will not continue to install.  It seems that the first pop up interferes with the installation but I do not know how to override that.  Please help.  Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, espring453!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Operating system is Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.  Thanks

Mykolas
Authority

Hi espring453,

The window that pops up asking for permission is called the User Account Control.  If it is interfering with the installation, it will need to be fixed or disabled.  Microsoft can help you with this, but you will need to contact them directly.  They also have an article on their website about turning this feature on and off.  Please refer to the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Depending on your use, I typically just remove the sd card and plug it into a usb sd reader to move, copy, edit, view pictures.

Announcements