Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Power Shot A640 sensor

I have a Canon PowerShot A640 10 mp for several years now and recently I have been reading about crop vs. full frame sensosr and their relative effect on which shutter speed I should be using for bird photography to avoid camera shake..

Can anyone tell me which is included in this model camera?

Thanks... hope someone knows...;-)

jfo
Super Contributor

Re: Power Shot A640 sensor

Welcome arizona!

"crop" vs "full" sensor is an issue for DSLR models, of which "point-and-shoot" models such as Powershots are not, so this doesn't apply for you. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know I've had this camera for a while, but at the Canon site it's billed as "Canon's high-end Power Shot digital cameras incorporate creative performance of a professional digital SLR camera and the compact convenience of a point-and-shoot.

So.. does this change your answer any???   I can add lenses, I can shoot with custom settings.   Great camera, IMO

Highlighted
jfo
Super Contributor

@arizona wrote:

So.. does this change your answer any??? 

Nope. =)

Great to hear you've found an excellent fit with a camera that suits your needs so well!  Share some of your bird/wildlife photography with us sometime!