cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot A570 shows low battery indication with new batteries. How can I fix it? Thanks

Matasanos
Apprentice
My A570 has been an excellent camera the first weeks I bought it, but it started to show an error message everytime I turn it on, indicating low battery alert, and shuts down automatically. Actually, it seems to turn on, and inmediatly shuts down. Is ther any way to fix it? Thank you, Pablo
4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

If it is not the batteries or dirt or something in the battery box causing a bad contact or the battery compartment door isnt closed all the way there is nothing you can do except return the camera for service or exchange.

Be sure it's not the batteries first though it's not unheard of to have a new battery fail in a short period.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

smack53
Mentor

What type of batteries are you using? The A570 works real well with rechargable NiMH batteries. They should be at 2000mah rated to get longer life. Just make sure to charge them when you are ready to use them as they don't hold a charge for too long. Don't use Alkaline or standard AA batteries as they will be used up in less than 15 minutes. Even the rechargable batteries will last for only about 250 shots, depending on how much you use flash, or do a lot of zooming, or even view the photos you took, or are doing videos.

Steve M.

Thanks a lot! I usually use NiMh batteries, and the message shows up as soon as the camera is turned ON... Anyway, I'll try with new NiMh batteries. 

Announcements