cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot A1400; not A1200 - can't download movies

Helen
Contributor

My new camera is a Power Shot 1400 that I'm having trouble downloading videos from.  I've tried using my USB cord and just inserting the SD card.  The photos come up, but the videos don't.

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

I'm curious as to which software you are using to download the videos and photos. I don't know what computer operating system you have, but I will assume you are using Windows. If you use the Windows software to download the videos, make sure that the path is set to where you want the videos to go. If you connect the camera with the USB, once the window opens, select the options in the lower left. Then check where the photos and videos are going. Chances are the videos are downloaded to a different folder.

But please let us know which computer and operating system you are using and what software to download in case my assumptions are wrong. This way the community can assist you better.

Hope this helps.

Helen
Contributor

I was able to download Canon imagebrowser.  I was trying to use Canon zoombrowser that I already had for my DSL camera and can now download videos. The first one I tried to e-mail was 32 MB, though. I thought there'd be a way to save them back to a smaller size.  I've chosen a lower quality video for next time.  Also, all of my old photos from 3 years ago are coming up on this new program.  Zoombrowser had edit features that imagebrowser doesn't seem to have.

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to get this resolved. Yes, there are a few really nice editing extras in the newer software.

Announcements