cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot 190 camera not able to connect to computer via wifi

cg59
Apprentice

I have a new power shot 190.  I am trying to connect to 2 laptops.  I was able to connect via wifi to a toshiba computer.  However, I can't get it to connect via wifi to the other computer that I have which is an HP.  Both are using windows 10 and both have the same type of set up.  The camera quickly connected to the toshiba.  When I try to connect it to the HP (add device) the HP searches but can't see it. On the camera (for the second computer) I clicked the computer button then add device and it would just time out.   What am I missing?  

1 REPLY 1

BPilgram
Apprentice

I am having the same experience with my new Powershot 180.  Setting up the wireless connection is REALLY complicated, and in the end, does not work.  Watch this video as the instructions in the video are not the same as what's in the very crummy users' manual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xcwUAVdpCg

For me, I was finally able to establish a wireless connection with my Window 10 HP ENVY laptop, but the connection would fail after only 2 pictures were transferred.  I just gave up.

I bought the camera because of the wireless connection.  It's definately not ready for the consumer market.  Shoulda bought another model with a cable.  Guess I'll have to live with taking the SIM card out to transfer pictures.

Announcements