cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo downloader of Element Organizer 11 cannot detect my camera

Cluless
Apprentice

I use MAC, OS Siera v.10.12.6, camera is  PowerShot SD1000. I used to be able to use the Adobe application Element Organizer11 and had no problem connecting. Upgradng the Adobe application tells me I am fully functional. The application ws purchased years ago for a full ownership. I think the problem is Adobe didn't keep up with Max OS upgrades. Their solution posted on their web site is "change the device mode from PTP/MTP to USB mode/Mass storage mode and then reconnect. You can now connect to Elements Organizer". I have done that with Nikon D70s which have such an option  and it worked but  the PowerShot SD1000 has no such option. Any advice woiuld be apreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello,

All of our cameras made after a certain time (a long time ago - pre-2006) are automatically in PTP (picture transfer protocol) mode, which is industry standard. Changing it to USB/Mass Storage isn't possible, and it would render your camera inable to communicate with literally all other software (including the Canon software, iPhoto, and any other software that might interface with your camera). 

Another option would be to use an SD memory card reader - remove the SD card from your camera and put the card into the reader, then place the reader into your Mac. Your Mac will recognize it as a Mass Storage Device, and your Adobe software may allow you to import your photos that way. 

Thank you Stephen for answering so quickly and on Sunday. I really appreciate it. This camera is still capable to communicate with a Mac software called Photos with the PTP protocol. I just have to do it the long way to transfer my pictures to the Adobe application. Consider the matter closed and thanks again. Anthony

Mac computers are set up from the factory to default to Photos app when a digital image device is connected.

You can change that by opening the App Image Cature and selecting your device/camera.

Menubar_and_Image_Capture.jpg

You could select Photoshop Elements Organizer as the target application.

Be aware that another "feature" of the Mac is that if you reformat the card or put a different card in the camera you need to repeat the process.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements