cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Viewer

CAB
Contributor

When I press the button to view the photos I've taken, I can see them, but the camera shuts off. After viewing the photos, I must turn the camera back on.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If I understand the issue correctly, I believe that if you are viewing the photos and want to resume shooting, you just need to press the shutter button. The camera does not actually shut off when you are viewing the photos you took, it just goes into an economy mode to save battery life. This is normal for the camera.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

On the SX50 you press the play button to start veiwing then use the left or right arrow to move forward or back through the images. If you press the play button again it will shut the camera off IF the lens has retracted.

After a minute in veiwing mode the lens will automatically retract, just move the zoom lever or press the shutter button halfway to wake it back up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello CAB!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camera you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks!

I have a Canon SX50, and I noticed lately that when I press the button to view the photos I've taken on the camera, it allows me to see them, but the camera shuts off. After viewing the photos, I must turn the camera back on. Does anyone know what this problem is?

Thank you

If I understand the issue correctly, I believe that if you are viewing the photos and want to resume shooting, you just need to press the shutter button. The camera does not actually shut off when you are viewing the photos you took, it just goes into an economy mode to save battery life. This is normal for the camera.

Steve M.

Thank you so much! This has solved the problem.

Thanks, Jennie! Of course I should have stated the camera I am using! Sorry!

On the SX50 you press the play button to start veiwing then use the left or right arrow to move forward or back through the images. If you press the play button again it will shut the camera off IF the lens has retracted.

After a minute in veiwing mode the lens will automatically retract, just move the zoom lever or press the shutter button halfway to wake it back up.

Announcements