Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

No sound in recording with g12

Hello, I just bought a refurbished G12 from Canon. I get no sound when I playback a movie I recorded.

Respected Contributor

Re: No sound in recording with g12

Check your sound setting in the Menu and see if it is on mute.

New Contributor

This is the second G12 I've ownwd. Went through every conceivable thing I could think of concerning the audio. Nothing worked - Mute, Un-mute, Volumes, etc. Could not find anything to enable audio.  I do hear a slight sound as unmuted silence. I just bought this as refurbished from Canon.  I read a lot about refurbished units from forums and the like and I was convinced that they are actually better than new because the go through a rigorous exam and testing through  and through and also with human interactions. I read that they actually find hidden problems that never would have been found elsewise. So my first experience has not gone well.

Respected Contributor

Yeah theres not much in the way of settings that would do that. Does the audio work coming off the av jack?

New Contributor

Thanks. Canon is sending me another camera (Refurbished). Hopefully this one will be "Like New."

Respected Contributor

Excellent, Im glad for you !

Respected Contributor

It happens..they are good cameras though and Canon did the right thing again!