cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound in recording with g12

CoolSpirit
Apprentice

Hello, I just bought a refurbished G12 from Canon. I get no sound when I playback a movie I recorded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. Canon is sending me another camera (Refurbished). Hopefully this one will be "Like New."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

John_
Authority

Check your sound setting in the Menu and see if it is on mute.

This is the second G12 I've ownwd. Went through every conceivable thing I could think of concerning the audio. Nothing worked - Mute, Un-mute, Volumes, etc. Could not find anything to enable audio.  I do hear a slight sound as unmuted silence. I just bought this as refurbished from Canon.  I read a lot about refurbished units from forums and the like and I was convinced that they are actually better than new because the go through a rigorous exam and testing through  and through and also with human interactions. I read that they actually find hidden problems that never would have been found elsewise. So my first experience has not gone well.

Yeah theres not much in the way of settings that would do that. Does the audio work coming off the av jack?

Thanks. Canon is sending me another camera (Refurbished). Hopefully this one will be "Like New."

Excellent, Im glad for you !

It happens..they are good cameras though and Canon did the right thing again!

Announcements