cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canon Camera Connection App - Why Bother Canon???

swandy
Contributor

Now let's see - saw the message that when updating Canon's Camera Window that there was a new "Camera Connection" app to install. So went to the Apple App store and installed it on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2.

Let's see:

(1) As was mentioned in another thread that unless you go into the Menu and Mobile Connection Button settings and tell the camera to remove the original connection EVEN THOUGH IT IS THE SAME IPHONE - the camera is not smart enough to connect.

(2) With the iPhone 6, when both the camera and the iPhone were connected to the same Wifi network, they would eventually see each other and the functions worked. However, as was pointed out in another thread, if you used the app to control the camera, the lag was very bad for the screen refresh.

(3) And apparently the app still WILL NOT SUPPORT CANON'S OWN RAW FILES!!!

(4) With the iPad Mini 2, I had to go back into the Mobile Connection Button settings to now get the camera to see the iPad. Even if I was attempting to connection via the camera's ad hock Wifi connection. Rather annoying that you had to go back and forth even if not using a home wifi network.

1 REPLY 1

altopiet
Contributor

I've just got an Android KitKat mobile, also got the message and downloaded the new app. I'm struggling to get NFC connection with my G7X....

As I'm still new to Android, it might just be some setting that I'm missing at this stage....will keep on trying with my new Xperia Z3 compact...

I have the option of upgrading to Lollipop, but will only do it if other users here can confirm that it'll work, as far as I know it didn't with the previous Canon app...

Christo
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements