cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My photos are not loading from the camera into the computer (Windows10) using the USB cord.

Sedonagirl2010
Apprentice

My photos are not loading from the camera (Powershot SX40HS) to the computer (Toshiba laptop) with Windows 10.  I am using the USB cord like I have any day.  I have had Windows 10 a few months now and have not had trouble with this.  Two days ago, it just stopped working.  I have tried unplugging all devices, turning it off and on. I tried a new cord.  I looked to see if there was anything to reinstall but can't find that either.  The computer is recognizing that the Canon device is connected, but when I turn the camera on, the camera battery is fine but no window opens with the new photos.  I also tried going into device manager and made sure to have it open automatically.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check your virus software.  But, also check the setting in Windows 10 for the device are not set to "do nothing" when the specific device, your camera, has been detected.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ScottyP
Authority

Just take the card out and put it in a card reader. There are a hundred goofy things that can go wrong if you rely on the camera to talk to the computer. Using the card you just manually drag and drop the image files from the card to your storage drive. Foolproof and also probably a faster transfer rate. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements