cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Powershot SX110 says "no memory card" when turned on.

mike2540
Apprentice

My Powershot SX110 Is says " no memory card" when turned on , I have tried another memory card but get the same. Is there anything I can do to correct this.

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Make sure the write protect switch is in the unlocked position which is pushed towards the end with the terminals.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@cicopo wrote:

Make sure the write protect switch is in the unlocked position which is pushed towards the end with the terminals.

In that case it would show:

Memory card locked

Mike

If you have a card reader or a card reader slot in your PC or laptop, plug the card into that and see if the computer will read it.  If not, it is probably just a defective card and needs to be discarded.  If the computer CAN read it, have the computer check it for and correct any errors.  Then put it back in the camera and see if the camera recognizes it.  If it does, reformat it in the camera and it should be useable, BUT . . . I am not sure I would feel comfortable trusting any of my "hard won" images to a card that had had errors on it (corrected or not).  I would probably select a new card in any case.  Since you have already tried another card to no avail, I suspect that  you may have a defective camera.

Regards,

Ted

Announcements