cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GX1 says that the "Memory card is Locked".

imaphoto
Apprentice

I made sure that the card was in the in the "unlocked " position. And even tried a new one right out of the package. Same result

2 REPLIES 2

John_
Authority

Maybe the switch is changing position as you insert it? When you removed the card was it still in the unlocked postion? If so there is a problem with the card reader slot. Also try it in a computer or other device if you can.

From what I understand the lock/unlock tab either activates a switch in the reader or not which tells the device, in thise case a camera, it can write to that card.

I've read some people say the lock/unlock tab does something internally to the card also. 

I have a diagram of a card reader which shows it has tiny a write protect switch activated by the cards lock/unlock tab so I would suggest a strong light and magnifying glass and inspect, as best you can, the SD card slot. Look for any foreign objects etc in the slot something that might be interfering.

SD Card Reader.JPG

smack53
Mentor

It sounds like the lock switch might be moving just enough to lock it when you insert the card into the G1x, and then moves it back when you remove the card. Visually inspect the card slot in the camera to make sure there is nothing interfering with the memory card.

Steve M.

Announcements