Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

My G12 display got vertical white lines on it and a day later went almost completely black.

Is this a display issue or is it in the camera. Is it worth getting fixed. It is probably  a salt water issue as I live near the beach

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: My G12 display got vertical white lines on it and a day later went almost completely black.

Hi micsmith66!

Thank you for posting to our forum!  It is very difficult to say whether or not this had anything to do with living near the beach.  This will need to be checked out by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: My G12 display got vertical white lines on it and a day later went almost completely black.

My G12 display got vertical white lines too have read alot of issues on line. called the support line. they say the have not heard of any issues. Anyone know the fix??
Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

We need to know what is at fault here, sensor/processor or display.

1) If it's the display screen then the pictures would print and download fine with no lines.

2) Should it be the processor or sensor the picture will download and print with lines AND show on the display screen.

Sometimes a faulty ribbon cable to the displlay will cause this problem - had this many times on LCD TV sets and monitors.... but we need to know what to blame.

Dave

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is whats happening..

2) Should it be the processor or sensor the picture will download and print with lines AND show on the display screen.

Thanks

Ian

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

yep your going to need service on that then

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess is the sensor.

This problem can happen anytime, 'I think'  there was a case with another model where this happened under certain climatic conditions due to a defect in connections on the sensor.

Do send a sample photo,  anything  important on the card download them first or swap the card or you might lose them.

Dave