cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G12 display got vertical white lines on it and a day later went almost completely black.

micsmith66
Apprentice

Is this a display issue or is it in the camera. Is it worth getting fixed. It is probably  a salt water issue as I live near the beach

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hi micsmith66!

Thank you for posting to our forum!  It is very difficult to say whether or not this had anything to do with living near the beach.  This will need to be checked out by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ian1
Apprentice
My G12 display got vertical white lines too have read alot of issues on line. called the support line. they say the have not heard of any issues. Anyone know the fix??

We need to know what is at fault here, sensor/processor or display.

1) If it's the display screen then the pictures would print and download fine with no lines.

2) Should it be the processor or sensor the picture will download and print with lines AND show on the display screen.

Sometimes a faulty ribbon cable to the displlay will cause this problem - had this many times on LCD TV sets and monitors.... but we need to know what to blame.

Dave

This is whats happening..

2) Should it be the processor or sensor the picture will download and print with lines AND show on the display screen.

Thanks

Ian

yep your going to need service on that then

My guess is the sensor.

This problem can happen anytime, 'I think'  there was a case with another model where this happened under certain climatic conditions due to a defect in connections on the sensor.

Do send a sample photo,  anything  important on the card download them first or swap the card or you might lose them.

Dave

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements