cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Powershot SX110is suddenly has error message No Memory Card. .

Shirleyb
Apprentice

Even though I took pictures earlier and it worked fine. Suddenly I get the error message No Memory Card. Is there any way to fix this. 

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

Could be moisture build up on the memory card contacts. Have you touched the contacts with your fingers at all? Try using a clean soft eraser (such as a pencil eraser) on the contacts by rubbing gently and using a clean lens cloth to wipe the contacts clean. Don't use an abrasive or dirty eraser as that could scratch the contacts. There are also products that you can buy to clean the contacts as well.

Have you tried a different memory card? Sometimes memory cards fail, so this would determine if it's the memory card at fault. It is possible that only a portion of the card went bad, so you could try to format the card, but be forewarned that you will lose anything that is on the card once you format it. I would just try using a new memory card first. If the new memory card does the same thing, there is a possibiity that some of the contacts may have gotten bent out of shape and are not making the proper contact with the card. Examine the contacts to see if there are any that look misaligned.

Unlikely, but it could be the circuit that reads the card that is to blame. That would require a visit to the repair shop, which gets expensive.

Steve M.

JonKline
Enthusiast

I wouldn't even mess around with a failing memory card. Just buy a new one for $10 or $20. Having a camera that works and taking care of your memories is much better than trying to stretch a failing memory card to the limit.

I have put a new memory card in it but still get the same error message.

Try doing a reset to defaults or reset all  thru the settings menu. You may have a glitch in the camera..the odds of 2 bad memory cards are slim

Also look inside the memory card slot with a light in the camera maybe something got it there too

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements