cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon PowerShot SX530 HS won't connect to my iphone or android tablet using Wifi.

hp
Apprentice

When trying to connect I recieve the message " Device not found " on my camera. I'm using Canon Camera Connect app on my iphone. The message on my phone is "Camera no connected".

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot/long-zoom-...

Maybe "Wireless Help" can help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Conleche
Apprentice
Hello I have Canon EOS RP and really going around in circles trying to get my camera connected to canon camera connect. Wireless hotspot connects but once in the app it says camera not connected.
I have had this working on both my phones so know how useful it is... both times I installed it ...it didn't work initially... basically just started working once it decided to... like after a random restart of the phone... now suddenly its not working at all on my new phone. Tried every trick in the book. Restart the phone, reinstall the app, clear cache, clear data, reset wireless settings to default on the camera.... Totally frustrating and such a waste of time and basically no explanation for it except that the canon app doesn't always pair well with android OS... for goodness sake... what was the app designed for if it wasn't supposed to work well on a very common smartphone operating system? Looking for some decent replies to this as I have loads of friends who are fed up as well and basically have given up trying to use it for the time it wastes.

ubetcha
Apprentice
I had the same issue. Performed reset to factory defaults on the camera and was then able to connect.

I had the same issue, and reseting it to factory reset did nothing to help.

Announcements