cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie shot on Elph 300 won't play on SX700

Moovies
Apprentice

I have a short video I made on my Power Shot Elph 300 HS & am using the same memory card in my Power Shot SX700 HS.  When I try to watch the video, the screen  says "Cannot play back MOV"   The Elph camera fell into water and doesn't work anymore.  I would really like to save this movie on my computer.   Is there a way?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tim
Authority

Hello Moovies, 

Generally speaking, there's no guarantee that one camera will read the memory card from another.  This is true when referring to both stills and video.  I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  You may wish to use a USB card reader to transfer the files directly off the memory card to your computer.    

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If you have the card, get a card reader and transfer the file over to the PC. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Moovies, 

Generally speaking, there's no guarantee that one camera will read the memory card from another.  This is true when referring to both stills and video.  I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  You may wish to use a USB card reader to transfer the files directly off the memory card to your computer.    

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If you have the card, get a card reader and transfer the file over to the PC. 

Announcements