cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie editing

larryroche
Contributor

I'm brand new at movies.  I have an SX50.  How do I take multiple snippits of 30 to 60 seconds and blend them together?

I have learned how to trim the beginning and end of any individual movie.  Can I do this with Canon program or will I need to buy a program?

thanks,

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately the Vista version of WMM does not support MOV files (although the newer WMM for Windows 7 and 8 does).  But there are excellent and actually better free alternatives to Vista WMM.   Google FileLab, or VSDC video editors.  Both work well with Vista.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

t00nz843z
Contributor

There are actually many good free video editors that you can use to edit your videos.  If you have a Windows PC, there's a good chance that you already have an excellent editor ready to go on your PC.  Look in the Programs (possibly in Accessories) for Window Movie Maker, Windows Live Movie Maker, or just Movie Maker.  But if these programs aren't there, there are quite a few other free options.  This blog article outlines three very good freeware editors, along with tutorials on their use.  The article also goes into detail on how to blend your snippets along with trimming them.

Hi,

I can not import my videos to Windows Movie Maker.  It will not recognize my files.  What am I doing wrong?  I have Vista Home Premium.  I appreciate your help.

Larry

Unfortunately the Vista version of WMM does not support MOV files (although the newer WMM for Windows 7 and 8 does).  But there are excellent and actually better free alternatives to Vista WMM.   Google FileLab, or VSDC video editors.  Both work well with Vista.  

Announcements