cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting an A550 Powershot on a wheelcair arm

Ephraimh
Contributor

I am looking for a way to mount my Canon A550 Powershot on to the arm of my wheel chair. The one I had - and lost - was a simple flat rod that I laid on the arm of the chair and strapped it around the arm.  It had a ball head on it that I screwed the Canon A550 into.  I think the ballhead was made by Joby.   I lost the rod & the ballhead that was affixed to it.

It was a very simple inexpensive thing that served all my purposes.   Any other inexpensive solution will do. The hard part, as best I can tell, is finding something that will clamp onto the arm with a minimum of difficulty.  My hand strength is next to nil

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

Thank you,
Ephraim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
13 REPLIES 13

LOL !!! Oh I've done that pre-thinking posts before !! Glad it still functions for you though. I looked some more online for wheelchair camera mounts and wow some of or a lot of them are expensive and fancy !

I went to the camera store and they replaced the Gorillapod with a new one because I had thrown away the leg pieces that broke off.  Apparently the legs are supposed to "break off" if too much pressure is applied. Once they "break off" they can be snapped back together. We'll see.

wow thats good to know, I didnt know they were designed to snap apart like that? And you got a replacement even though you threw the other pieces away...sounds like a happy ending !

Well I took my gorillia pod and pulled a leg apart and sure enough the leg snaps right back in...go figure !

Announcements