cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Connection Problem

jaysmoon
Apprentice
So I have the canon Powershot sx530 and I’m trying to connect my phone but when I try, the camera tells me that I cannot add more connections and I need to delete some. The problem is, I don’t know how to delete them and it’s extremely annoying since I want to be able to save my photos to my phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello jaysmoon,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The PowerShot SX530 HS can have up to 3 Wi-Fi connection settings saved at a time. When you need to free up a connection spot for a new one, the "Edit a Device" option in the "Select a Device" Wi-Fi screen should be used.

After selecting which of the 3 saved connections you want to remove by highlighting it and pressing the Func./Set button, choose the "Erase Connection info..." option to remove those settings, which will free up that spot.

These steps can be seen on pages 122-123 of the camera's manual HERE.

If you encounter an issue with these steps please call 1-800-828-4040 to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. They can walk you through the process of removing one of the saved connections on your SX530 in real time to ensure the process is successful.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello jaysmoon,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The PowerShot SX530 HS can have up to 3 Wi-Fi connection settings saved at a time. When you need to free up a connection spot for a new one, the "Edit a Device" option in the "Select a Device" Wi-Fi screen should be used.

After selecting which of the 3 saved connections you want to remove by highlighting it and pressing the Func./Set button, choose the "Erase Connection info..." option to remove those settings, which will free up that spot.

These steps can be seen on pages 122-123 of the camera's manual HERE.

If you encounter an issue with these steps please call 1-800-828-4040 to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. They can walk you through the process of removing one of the saved connections on your SX530 in real time to ensure the process is successful.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements