Canon Community Canon Community

Super Contributor

Re: Memory card full but no image

If you format NOW you will loose anything on that SD card and that's your decision. I am NOT aware that you can HIDE captures.

You only have the ONE card? You should have at least 2. Could you TEST with another card to SEE if the camera records as it should? Using another card is essential in these situs so you can TEST to see if the camera is working as it should.

As I said, I reformat when I remove Media. But I do do a lot of video so they DO fill up.

BTW, what size of SD are you using?

Grazie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I do have another card(8Gb) from my Nikon camera, I took it out of the Nikon & put in the Canon now. I formatted the 8GB SD and tried recording, it works. Now I still have my 4GB unformatted hopefully to get back the file. But I won't pay for retrieving the file, I rather recapture the class. Ok so I go ahead and format the bad SD card now?
Occasional Contributor

Btw, the reason I use the Canon Powershot to video tape is it will produce a smaller file. If using my Nikon, the file would be huge & I will have a hard time to upload my video for my work evaluation. Thank You!
Respected Contributor

Just of note: I format my card any time I feel the need to wipe it clean (e.g. before shooting a big event, or periodically just to get a clean start).

Respected Contributor

There are some good free recovery programs on the net that may be able o salvage some or all of the data on your card. I'd try finding and using one of those first.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks you all for the help!!!!