cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card full but no image

JazzyH
Contributor
I downloaded all the pictures so I got my memory card empty to record my class this morning. I know the memory card can hold only 30 minutes of video (4G) my class was 40 minutes. So when the card fulled the camera stopped by itself. After class I checked, no image but the camera said card is full. I connected the camera to my computer, it showed that the card is full but it said the folder is emty, no file on it. What went wrong? Please help me. TIA!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just of note: I format my card any time I feel the need to wipe it clean (e.g. before shooting a big event, or periodically just to get a clean start).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Grazie
Rising Star

When you started to capture your class, you did this on an empty card - yes? How did you make that card empty?

Grazie

I deleted all the images in the camera just like I usually do.

You deleted ALL the Media of the SD card from within the Camera? Using the Camera's delete method?

OK. You now say that when you attach the Camera to the PC you cannot see any Media? Yes?

Does your Camera Preview any of the footage?

Grazie

Yes I deleted within the camera. When I view the camera it said No images. Then I tried to take pic, it said memory is full

Then I connected camera to computer hopefully the file shows up but nothing.

When was the last time you Formatted that SD Card?

I never formatted the card before.

I recorded a short video the day before And it still worked normally.

Well, the bad news is that you may have a corrupted SD card. That last Video capture may just have pushed it over the edge.

I make a point of Formatting my SD Cards when I relieve them of Captures. I do a lot of Video to my cards and know the need to keep them as trouble free as possible. As you say: "I never formatted the card before." could be you've reached the limit of its need for a sane File structure.

Unless you can find a way to lift your work from the SD card you may need to make use of a SD file retrieval s/w.

I can't bring you any better news than that.

Grazie

So I need to format it now? I can capture the class again but just want to know it works. Or should i buy a new card? How long after using a card should I reformat card? Thanks!
Announcements