cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card error - photo recovery

Lily
Contributor

Hi - my beloved PowerShot SX200IS has developed a memory card error.  At this point I'm not too concerned about the SanDisk card itself - I will try to reformat it later or get a new one - but I'm desperate to recover the many untransferred images that were on the card.  I've seen a lot of card-recovery programs and services mentioned online but would like to hear what Canon or other experts might recommend.  I want a reliable one, even if I have to pay something for it.  I'm literate but not an advanced techie and don't want to risk downloading anything unsavory.  Thanks -

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

Check these out

http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-image-rescue-4-software

Although it's been a while I've used Rescue Pro with good results & a friend used the Lexar equavalent to recover after a format. Try the trials & see what they say they found & go from there.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thanks!

Lily
Contributor

Thanks

Thanks to all who replied (hm, there were more but now some have vanished) - anyway, after reviewing demos on some of the suggested programs, I didn't feel equal to the task and elected to seek a service do it.  My neighborhood camera store successfully recovered my pix and put them on a disc for $30 on the spot - thank you Santa Monica Camera!

annlinnea
Apprentice

I have an older Canon Powershot S515. Never had any trouble with it. Yesterday while on a very important shoot, the "memory card error" came up. I switched cards and continued to shoot. Easy download on all the second round shooting, but HELP I need those photos from the "frozen" memory card—about 100 shots. I have always erased my card after downloading, so that card had nothing but the 100 or so photos I needed. I am downloading into iPhoto in my MacBook PRO.

put the card in your Mac reader and try the software Cicopo in the post above....sent the links to.  If your card shows up in your Mac, you may be able to recover the pics from it.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements