cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card error.....no clue

Steve4s85
Apprentice

So I JUST got a refurbed Powershot ELPH 330 HS this afternoon in the mail from Canon's website. It didn't come with a memory card so I went and picked up a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32 GB SDHC (10) memory card. When I go to use it, I get a Memory Card Error, so I checked the card and it's not locked. Go to format it from the camera, the screen immediately goes black and says Memory Card Error. Try for a low level format, again, hit ok and the status bar fills up to about 25% before it then goes black again and says Memory Card Error in the lower left corner. I obviously don't have another memory card to try it out with and have no clue what to do. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

try it in a computer and see if it responds to a format there. SanDisk has good support on their website too. The good thing is both your camera and the SD card are still under warranty. My first guess is the card is bad since there is nothing in the camera that reads the position of the locked switch.

I have a Mac and when I insert it into the SD reader, it says the card is not readable by this computer.

That pretty much confirms the card is defective. I've had that same problem before with an SD card.

So if you can return it for a refund or exchange then you should do that.

Announcements