cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING SCREWS ON FLIP LENS

ecalderas
Apprentice

Hello Everyone! I have the Cannon G7X Mark II vlogging camera...I absoutley love it! However, after a trip to Paris, the screws came loose on flip screen and fell off. Can anyone advise if I can send in my camera for repair? Cost and length of time it would take? Or should I find someone here locally to replace the screws. The screws are so tiny! Not too sure if repair shops would have them??

*My camera is not under warranty 

Kindly advise,

Erika 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Try bringing it to a Best Buy, Staples, a jeweler, or maybe even an eyeglass store, Sending it in to Canon would be very expensive but you could try giving them a call and maybe they will send you the screws.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

Try bringing it to a Best Buy, Staples, a jeweler, or maybe even an eyeglass store, Sending it in to Canon would be very expensive but you could try giving them a call and maybe they will send you the screws.

Thank you john!!! 

John.... When you mentioned optical, it occured to me that I had a pair of  Rayban opticals that I accidently stepped on and so happen to still have the frame. I unscrewd the tiny little screw from glasses using a little screw driver that (comes with cleaning clothes you buy to clean your glasses) and popped it into the camera...Problem solved!!! No more loose flip lens! 🙂 

lol! See now you know why you kept those broken Ray Bans!

YASSSS! 

Announcements