Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

MISSING SCREWS ON FLIP LENS

Hello Everyone! I have the Cannon G7X Mark II vlogging camera...I absoutley love it! However, after a trip to Paris, the screws came loose on flip screen and fell off. Can anyone advise if I can send in my camera for repair? Cost and length of time it would take? Or should I find someone here locally to replace the screws. The screws are so tiny! Not too sure if repair shops would have them??

*My camera is not under warranty 

Kindly advise,

Erika 

Respected Contributor

Re: MISSING SCREWS ON FLIP LENS

Try bringing it to a Best Buy, Staples, a jeweler, or maybe even an eyeglass store, Sending it in to Canon would be very expensive but you could try giving them a call and maybe they will send you the screws.

New Contributor

Thank you john!!! 

New Contributor

John.... When you mentioned optical, it occured to me that I had a pair of  Rayban opticals that I accidently stepped on and so happen to still have the frame. I unscrewd the tiny little screw from glasses using a little screw driver that (comes with cleaning clothes you buy to clean your glasses) and popped it into the camera...Problem solved!!! No more loose flip lens! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

lol! See now you know why you kept those broken Ray Bans!

New Contributor

YASSSS!