Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Looking for a canon with the same features as SD1100IS. What are the next 3 models after SD1100?

Husband's canon SD1100 was stolen.  We're trying to replace it with another but 1100s are not available.  What are the next 3 or so models past the SD1100 that would have the comparable features, speed and ease of operation? 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Looking for a canon with the same features as SD1100IS. What are the next 3 models after SD1100?

Hi A-Mo,

I'm very sorry that your husband's PowerShot SD1100 IS was stolen!

The SD camera line has been replaced by the PowerShot ELPH lineup. These cameras are improved in a number of important ways, such as better zoom lenses, and sensitivity to light for existing light photography.

I recommend that you consider the PowerShot ELPH 310 HS. This camera has an 8x optical zoom lens (vs. 3x for the PowerShot SD1100 IS), has a higher ISO of 3200 (vs. 1600) for low light photography and shoots video in "full" high definition (1920 x 1080 resolution) (vs. 640 x 480).

Please note: none of the cameras in this group of cameras includes the optical viewfinder you had on the PowerShot SD1100 IS,

I hope this is helpful.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.