cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Histogram on Powershot SX510 HS?

LostReaction
Apprentice

Can anyone here tell me if the Powerhshot SX510HS has the option to display a live histogram on the viewfinder?

Any info on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

It appears that the Histogram is only available when reviewing the photos on the LCD screen. I sure wish there was a live histogram like the G series has. That ability sure helps me to fine tune the pictures before I take them. Whenever I use my SX150 IS I miss that histogram terribly since it's like the SX510. Not sure if the CHDK for the SX510 has the ability to show the histogram. Maybe someone in the community knows more about what options CHDK has.

Noooooo! I Ordered the camera already hoping it would have this feature even though i couldn't find any information about it i just hoped for the best. I am willing to try CHDK but i am worried in bricking my new camera... it hasn't even arrived on my doorstep yet.

I should have gotten the Fujifilm S6800 because i know for a fact that it had a live histogram. But hopefully the Canon will win me over somehow. I don't want to be troubled in returning it.

jiminnee
Apprentice

Yes,it does. Bring up picture for review & press disp. button twice. Whoever writes the owners manuals did not see fit to include this.

The question is whether the histogram can be used live when composing the image, not when reviewing it. It did not appear that was possible with the SX510. LostReaction wants to use the histogram to adjust the exposure instead of the meter before taking the shot since the histogram provides a more reliable method of exposure. If you know how this can be done, let us know since I could not find that in the owner manual.

Thanks!

Steve M.

Announcements