cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines on screen

newauntie50
Apprentice

I have an SD1000 powershot camera. I have noticed that lines have appeared on the LCD screen. They look like this _________---------___________-------  and some are thicker. It has not been a problem other than it bugs me. Sometimes they are really noticeable it just depends on the photo. I have not plugged this in to my computer to see if they appear there. I use an SD card to store images. The lines appear yellow in color if that makes a difference. Just want to know if anyone knows why they are there and how to get rid of them. I am not camera savvy and I don't change the settings so I keep it real simple. Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

smack53
Mentor

There could be several things happening here to get lines on the LCD. Did you check that the images on the SD card are not affected? The first thing I would try is to reset the camera.

SD1000 Reset All.PNG

If that doesn't help, remove the batteries for about an hour, then before reinstalling the batteries, press the power on button and hold it for about 5 seconds. Then reinstall battery and see if that clears it. That particular camera looks to be several years old, so there is a slight possibility that the connector to the LCD may have built up some resistance or even loosened up a little and may require service. If that's the case, the cost to fix it might not be worth it. Hopefully the camera doesn't need to be replaced.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

I will give it a try and hope that it works. The camera is 6 years old and hasn't been used much at all (plus I got it for free) so I can't complain. I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks

I tried the suggestions you have me and unfortunately I still have the same problem. It hasn't hindered the use of the camera but I'm afraid it probably get worse as time goes on. I will just have to continue living with it. As I mentioned earlier, the camera was a freebie and other than the lines on the screen, it's a great camera. Thanks again for your help.😀

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

There could be several things happening here to get lines on the LCD. Did you check that the images on the SD card are not affected? The first thing I would try is to reset the camera.

SD1000 Reset All.PNG

If that doesn't help, remove the batteries for about an hour, then before reinstalling the batteries, press the power on button and hold it for about 5 seconds. Then reinstall battery and see if that clears it. That particular camera looks to be several years old, so there is a slight possibility that the connector to the LCD may have built up some resistance or even loosened up a little and may require service. If that's the case, the cost to fix it might not be worth it. Hopefully the camera doesn't need to be replaced.

Steve M.

I will give it a try and hope that it works. The camera is 6 years old and hasn't been used much at all (plus I got it for free) so I can't complain. I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks

I tried the suggestions you have me and unfortunately I still have the same problem. It hasn't hindered the use of the camera but I'm afraid it probably get worse as time goes on. I will just have to continue living with it. As I mentioned earlier, the camera was a freebie and other than the lines on the screen, it's a great camera. Thanks again for your help.😀

Announcements