cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens ring - need replacement

Seajewel
Apprentice

I have a SX500IS Powershot camera and I recently lost the ring inside the lens that the pinch lens cap adheres to when it covers the lens.  Any idea of what this part is called or where I can order a new ring so the lens cap will stay on the lens?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Seajewel,

Thanks for checking in with us.

That PowerShot camera is out of service life with us, which means we no longer have parts available for it. That said, if you aren't able to find any third-party accessories that might work from some of our authorized dealers like www.adorama.com, www.amazon.com, and www.bhphotovideo.com, then you can call our support line at (800)652-2666 on M-F from 9am-7pm EST for additional options.

Thank you!  Please tell me what to refer to this part as in order for me to further my research.  Thanks!

John_
Authority

You can pick up the complete SX500IS for very little money on an auction site ( yes that auction site), I saw some selling for $60 or less. From there you can cannibalize whatever parts you need now or in the future. Just do a search for the SX500IS

That's a great idea, thanks ! 

Another (or temporary) option is to stop by a local camera shop with the camera and look for a push-on lens cap that won't require the ring. These slide over the outside of the barrel and stay on by simple friction. My local shop seems to have a drawer full of similar parts from old damaged cameras.

Another great idea! Thanks!

I did go by one camera shop and they pretty much told me I was out of luck and should buy a new camera.  For the moment I made a cloth cover so it looks like the camera has a mask. Ha!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements