cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ixus 132 low resolution

supapo
Apprentice

hi there. i have ixus camera and the resolution are very very low.

is that problem in the camera or jast some configuraion missing? 

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

Usually low resolution photos are a result of trying to get the maximum number of photos on the memory card. Try setting the camera to have the lowest number of photos on it to get higher resolution (super fine) pictures. Also, make sure that any software that you download the pictures with is copying full size photos to the computer. Hope this helps you.

Hi thanks for the help.

It didne't work and the resolution stay as they are. also if you look in the camera her self you can see tha bad resolution. 

I have old camera with 8M pixels and it look beter. mabe the problem is in the camera?

I just want to be sure I understand the problem correctly. When you talk about the resolution, do you mean the resolution of the screen on the camera, or the resolution of the photos? If you are talking about the camera screen, there are no settings to change that. It will not affect the outcome of the photos. Your 8mp camera might have a higher resolution screen than the IXUS 132, or maybe a different screeen size. Neither gives a true image of the final JPEG on the camera screen, just an approximation of the final photo.

If you are talking about the resolution of the photos themselves, there are some modes that reduce the resolution for such things as low light photos. If you change the resolution in the menu to L, it should give you 16MP photos, which are pretty high resolution when you are using most scene modes. Don't judge the photos by the camera screen, since all camera screens are different resolutions than the cameras themselves. How do they look on the computer screen? That would be a better way to decide about the quality of the images.

Hi i'm talking about the image resolution. and what you said (with the image size) didn't solve the problem.
This is a new camera and i want to be shure before i going to the camera shop.

Announcements