cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SX60 hs and auto focus.

meg674
Apprentice

I was so happy with the SX50 HS that I upgraded to SX60 HS December 26, 2014.  I've taken over 7,000 photos and all of a sudden the auto focus isn't working.  Also, when taking a video, once I get the camera to focus and start the recording, the focus goes out in about 5 seconds and doesn't come back.

The camera is handled with kid gloves.  I've taken the battery out to reset to factory settings, but it didn't help.

At the same time the focusing issue happened, the flash on the camera doesn't work. When I push halfway down on the shutter to focus the camera in low light, the screen goes blank or black, the camera flash goes off, but the picture is dark and grainy/noisey.  No photos turn out at night anymore.

A friend of mine also had focusing issues with his SX60 HS which was out of warranty like mine and Canon replaced the camera which makes me believe there is focusing problems with the SX60 HS.

Anyone else having focusing issues or flash issues and have any suggestion on how to fix?

1 REPLY 1

RobinF
Apprentice
I have the same problem. It does seem to be an issue with this camera, and not just related to incorrect settings, judging from the number of posts on the subject. Glad mine is still in warranty! Though the zoom is impressive on the SX60, I miss my original Powershot Pro 1 & Powershot S3 IS.
Announcements