Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Is there an SX 280 replacement coming soon?

Super Contributor

Re: Is there an SX 280 replacement coming soon?

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't certainly be dashing out and buying ANY of Canons products, not after this fiasco. Canon have gone way down in my estimation I would probably wait, wait and wait 'and then' read all the reviews before even considering.

If Canon has any brains they would revert to double AA or AAA  batteries forget about keeping up with their competitors..... this they failed to do with the with the SX280.... other cameras last two or three times as long when shooting videos, if not far longer - why can't Canons?

Davy

Frequent Contributor

Having experienced AA and AAA batteries in a camera, I prefer the Li-ion proprietary batteries, which have higher capacity and last for years, unlike the AA and AAA batteries.

About the SX-280, we went out and bought the Sony version, even though we preferred one from Canon. I guess Canon has bigger fish to fry.
New Contributor

What's the Sony version please?
Frequent Contributor

The Sony version is the Cyber-shot HX-50V.

New Contributor

It's a shame, but from what I can see no other brand does a daily digest video Smiley Sad