cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a wireless remote shutter release for a Canon PowerShot sx60hs ?

Gran
Apprentice

Is there a wireless remote shutter release for the PowerShot sx60HS camera?

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I believe there is an Android and iPhone app for remote shooting.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John_
Authority

Canon does not make one but there are other companies that do. I think Vivitar makes a wireless one that works on the SX60, I know they make one for the SX50 and the SX50 and 60 are the same type plug and size.

Thanks John, Do you know if you can use the flash with the Vivitar wireless remote?

your welcome and yes the flash will work as usual. It consists of a small receiver that plugs into the shutter release port and the handheld transmitter which has a range of about 30ft. Your camera won't know the difference.

Thanks!

maxglitz
Apprentice

I've been doing a lot of homework on this with no confident answers and thought surely that the infrared remotes that Amazon says work with the SX50 would work with the SX60. So I ordered one. I don't even think this camera HAS an infrared sensor on it. I don't want to have to depend on wifi to use my iPhone as a remote. I'm in the desert too often for that.I hope these comments don't confuse the issue, but it's certainly confused me. I've got a remote now that won't work. At least not after I tried it and then looked for that infrared sensor.

The SX50 or 60 does not have a built in infrared reciever and the only remote shutter options are corded with a 2.5mm plug end or a remote wireless shutter with a reciever that has the 2.5mm plug and transmitter.

I've got both the corded and wireless. The wireless is an interavometer too I really like that one.

Its made by Polaroid comes with the 2.5mm cable and is named Polaroid 2.4GHz Wireless Timer Remote. It doesn't list the SX50 or 60 on the package but as I said it comes with the 2.5mm cable for the reciever which is all you need to plug it into the camera.

Here is the link for it

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Wireless-Shutter-Interval-Cameras/dp/B00S8RFTEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

Thanks. I'm putting it on my Amazon wish list for more homework.

Will this work for me to use VIDEO too John? Please tell me step by step how to connect this PLEEEEASE John. Many thanks
Announcements