cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fan Inside SX50 HS ? Humming Noise

pimpy1
Apprentice

My Canon SX50 sounds like there is always a small fan running inside. Like a tiny computer fan noise. Though faint, I can alway here it except during the focus noises the camera makes. or when I zoom in or out.

I was just wondering if it cooled the proccesor or am I the only one with this noise.

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority
Hi Pimpy.

Pretty sure that would be your image stabilization. Go into the menus and turn it off and see if the noise goes away.

Don't leave it off. Without it your 1200mm equivalent lens would need a fast 1/1200th of a second shutter speed to hand hold at full zoom without camera shake blur. That fast shutter, in turn, would make any picture you take either dark or very grainy from high ISO except in bright sunshine.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks but I still here it when i turn off all IS. I have tried turning on and off most all settings in Auto, P, A, manual and I stiil get the faint computer fan noise. Others please go into a quite room and hold the camera to your ear and listen for it.  It only goes away when I turn it off.

Announcements