cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagebrowser ex stops working

SGMidas
Apprentice

I am attempting to use ImageBrowser EX 1.1.1 to capture images from a PowerShot A620 camera.  I was previously using ZoomBrowser EX successfully under Windows XP for this purpose.  Since updating my OS to Windows 8, the capture function no longer works.  Therefore, I attempted to use ImageBrowser EX instead, as the Canon website indicates this program has been shown to work with Windows 8.

The program installs without a hitch.  I also starts up and finds the first 1000 images in the My Pictures folder.  However, when I scroll to the end of the 1000 images and select load the next 1000 images, the program only clears the previously indexed images and then stops functioning.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the program three times now and this behavior has not changed.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

SGMidas
Apprentice

Sorry, the software version is 1.1.0.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SGMidas,

From your description,this appears to be a resource issue.

In addition to a fast video card, the system requirements for ImageBrowser EX are:

Processor;   For Still images: 1.6 GHz or higher
                       For Movies: Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or higher

RAM  2 GB Min.  4 GB recommended

If your system already meets these specifications, please CONTACT US.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The conditions necessary are exceeded.  I supplied the relevant information via email to your support site.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements