Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

ImageBrowser EX v.1.4.0.5 does not find and display any images or thumbnails from my PC

ImageBrowser EX v.1.4.0.5 does not find and display any images or thumbnails from my PC. Picture folders are selected, but the viewing window stays blank. I reinstalled, but nothing changed. Camera: SX280 HS, Windows 7.  Screenshot at http://splendidlens.com/shoebox/temp.jpg What am I missing here? Has this happened to anyone else?

Valued Contributor

Re: ImageBrowser EX v.1.4.0.5 does not find and display any images or thumbnails from my PC

I'm curious if you are trying to view video files or some other image format than JPG. From my understanding, ImageBrowser is only for JPG files.

Occasional Contributor

Re: ImageBrowser EX v.1.4.0.5 does not find and display any images or thumbnails from my PC

Thanks for the idea, but the window stays blank even when the only file in the folder is a new jpg from the PowerShot camera.

Occasional Contributor

All is well now. I used the Revo Uninstaller (www.revouninstaller.com) which scoured the registry and deleted dozens of left-behind pieces, then I reinstalled off the disk using all the default settings.